Dawson Valley Free Range

Dawson Valley Free Range

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Frequent Free Ranger Packs

You've probably heard about the Frequent Free Ranger Packs, and if you are sitting on the fence and wondering how they would fit in with your lifestyle, here's a few ideas.

If you want to know exactly what the packs are, please read more here.

Meal Planning is a really good way to make sure that you eat well during any given week. I don't always do it, but when I do, it makes life much easier. I don't have access to shops and takeaway, but if you find them tempting, meal planning will help to keep you on the straight and narrow. The packs have been designed to assist in meal planning. When I meal plan, I base a weeks meals around the following:

  • something on the grill or BBQ
  • a roast or joint of meat, that will feed us for an evening meal plus lunches
  • a stew that I can put on early in the afternoon or in the morning when I know I'm going to be late home
  • quick and easy meals
I don't usually meal plan breakfast, but evening meals that might give left overs are planned.

So how does the FFR pack fit into this plan:

Bacon - this can be used for breakfast, either as bacon and eggs, but to make it go a bit further, could be used in scrambled eggs, bacon/onion/tomato, bacon/onion/beans, bacon/onion/potato....if you want more detail, let me know - I am a master at including bacon in my breakfasts! Bacon is also good to use for dinner: bacon and vegetable soup, pasta cabanara, potato bake to name a few.

Ham - usually only one pack of ham is included and this is good for lunches or just to add into other meals.

Something to Grill - pork chops, lamb chops, pork or beef steaks. By swapping them around each week, you get to try something different. Change it up with either a salad or veggies done in various ways - stirfry, steamed, baked. Use the BBQ or cook in a pan so that you can make a sauce/gravy.

Roast or Corn Meat - So much variety here, whether it be pickled pork, corn beef, roast beef, roast pork, brisket. Use the slow cooker to make life a little less rushed in the afternoon if you are making it mid week. I like to put it in the slow cooker frozen so that it doesn't over cook - unless of course you are doing brisket and then it doesn't matter if it's pull apart cooked. See my recipe tab for some yummy brisket recipes.

Pulled Brisket

Stews - I love them! They can be cooked in the slow cooker, the oven or on top of the stove. I like to use the oven, as I can pop it all in a baking dish and put it on low and then go and do my afternoon chores. But you might like the ease of a slow cooker and come home to a nice home cooked meal. 

Coconut Pork

Sausages and mince are great standbys. If you forget to take them out of the freezer, they are easy enough to defrost and then cook quickly. I'm loving savoury mince lately. I often cook it on a Wednesday night so that I can take left overs with us in a thermos for lunch when we travel to Biggenden on Thursdays.

If you want to try a free ranger pack, please email me with your details.



No comments:

Post a Comment